GotTuned`s MDI 525 TD5 Upgraded Turbochargers are built using Custom Compressor Billet Wheels and Enlarged Turbine Wheels. These are based on the stock genuine Garrett turbochargers and deliver the ultimate Plug&Play solution for Land Rover Defender and Discovery II with the 2.5TDI TD5 Diesel engine producing 122HP/139HP.
There are 2 versions available optimized of the 2.5TDI TD5 hybrid turbochargers with a peak power range of 220-250 Crankshaft Horse Power, as follows:
GOTTUNED MDI 525 2.5TDI TD5 220
Hybrid turbocharger ready to make ~220 Crankshaft Horse Power. Full list of changes applied:
- GotTuned`s custom journal bearings ‘360’,
- Modification of the compressor housing,
- Modification of the seal plate,
- Enlarged/custom compressor Billet Wheel 11+0 blades,
- Genuine Turbine Wheel clipped and lightened to help reduce the backpressure,
- Genuine Garrett compressor housing,
- Genuine Garrett exhaust manifold,
- Genuine Garrett bearing housing,
- Original Garrett actuator,
- 100% Plug&Play installation,
- Dynamically Balanced.
GOTTUNED MDI 525 2.5TDI TD5 250
Hybrid turbocharger ready to make ~220 Crankshaft Horse Power. Full list of changes applied is the same as with the 220 package with the exception of bigger both Billet Compressor and Turbine Wheel.
A Ball Bearing coversion is available. Brand new genuine Garrett ceramic ball bearings are used in the upgrade. The main advantage is ~20% quicker spool in comparison to journal bearings.
During the production process, every single part is finely balanced and then once all the components are assembled the core is balanced using high-speed VSR. A balance test result document is supplied.
To reach the declared level of power, you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust, and cooling systems as well.
Land Rover Discovery II 2.5TDI TD5 – 122HP/139HP
Before you order
- The average lead time (the time we need to build and ship a hybrid turbocharger) is 10 working days.
- In order to manufacture your turbo we require the following details of your car:
- model and year of build,
- stock power,
- VIN number
- Do you need a turbo with different specification? No problem! Learn more about hybrid turbo we can build
and contact us!