Ceramic Ball Bearing GTD1760VRK hybrid turbo built using MFS GEN I Billet Wheel. It’s based on genuine Garrett GTD1752VRK turbocharger from new BMW engine B47D20 and is the perfect upgrade dedicated to the 2.0 TDI Common Rail for someone looking for a fast daily driver.
GotTuned’s GTD1760VRK hybrid Billet Wheel with electronic vacuum conversion and manifold from VAG 2.0TDI Common Rail so that it fits a majority of transverse engines with following codes:
CBAA, CBAB, CBAB, CBDA, CBDB, CFHC, CFHD, etc.
What’s so special about this one?
1. Extremely fast spool thanks to genuine Garrett ceramic Ball Bearings + Billet compressor wheel, comparable to stock GT1749V ARL PD150 turbocharger.
2. Higher air-fuel ratio and higher peak torque at low engine speeds.
3. Lower manifold pressures at high RPMs.
4. 4th generation Variable Nozzle Turbine.
5. V-band and oil return are sent with the turbo.
6. Ceramic Genuine Garrett Ball Bearings.
7. Only oil cooling (there is not water cooling).
8. Easy installation.
The two things needed to install our GTD1760VRK are as follows:
– modification of your current Downpipe (V-band connection with exhaust housing – V-band is included in the kit!),
– modification of pipes going to the compressor housing.
The turbo is meant to work with ~250HP at 30PSI of boost. In order to reach that level of power you need to adjust your fuel (fuel pump, injectors), exhaust and cooling
The main advantages of Billet Compressor Wheels:
- Billet Compressor wheels (or MFS Wheels Manufactured from Solid) are made from a solid piece of alloy (billet). A CNC miller performs the wheel from a CAD program.
- Billet compressor wheels are far stronger than a cast wheel due to being machined from a solid piece of material. This extra strength allows the wheel blades and hub to be thinner, increasing blade area resulting in increased air flow from a wheel with matching overall dimensions.
- As the Billet compressor wheel can have thinner blades and hub, this means that generally, the MFS compressor wheel will also be lighter than its cast counterpart.
- The improvement will add greater air flow.
- Faster boost response at lower engine speeds.
- Increased efficiency at higher boost pressures.
Please tell us which vehicle and manifold the turbocharger will be fitted into and we will set up the turbo accordingly. We need usually ~ 10 working days to send this turbocharger.
We are able to do electronic actuator conversion in GTB and GTD series as well ( BorgWarner/KKK and Garrett/Honeywell). Ask about details.