Ceramic Ball Bearing GTD1756VRK hybrid turbo built using MFS GEN II Billet Wheel. It’s based on genuine Garrett GTD1752VRK turbocharger from new BMW engine B47D20 and is the perfect upgrade dedicated to the 1.9 CDTI for someone looking for a fast daily driver.
GotTuned’s GTD1756VRK hybrid Billet Wheel GEN II is a vacuum converted turbo with a manifold from Opel 1.9 CDTI, Fiat 1.9 JTD, Saab 1.9TiD so that it fits a majority of transverse engines with following codes:
Z19DT, Z19DTL, Z19DTH
What’s so special about this one?
1. Extremely fast spool thanks to genuine Garrett ceramic Ball Bearings + GEN II Billet compressor wheel (+ ~6-10% more HP than GEN I!), comparable to stock GT1749V ARL PD150 turbocharger.
2. Higher air-fuel ratio and higher peak torque at low engine speeds.
3. Lower manifold pressures at high RPMs.
4. 4th generation Variable Nozzle Turbine.
5. V-band and oil return are sent with the turbo.
6. Ceramic Genuine Garrett Ball Bearings.
7. Only oil cooling (there is not water cooling).
8. Easy installation.
The three things needed to install our GTD1756VRK are as follows:
– modification of your current Downpipe (V-band connection with exhaust housing – V-band is included in the kit!),
– modification of pipes going to the compressor housing,
– modification of the stock oil line return (the silicone line + clamps are included in the kit!).
The turbo is meant to work with ~250HP at 30PSI of boost. In order to reach that level of power you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust and cooling systems as well. Professional ECU remapping is required!
The main advantages of Billet Compressor Wheels:
- Billet Compressor wheels (or MFS Wheels Manufactured from Solid) are made from a solid piece of alloy (billet). A CNC miller performs the wheel from a CAD program.
- Billet compressor wheels are far stronger than a cast wheel due to being machined from a solid piece of material. This extra strength allows the wheel blades and hub to be thinner, increasing blade area resulting in increased air flow from a wheel with matching overall dimensions.
- As the Billet compressor wheel can have thinner blades and hub, this means that generally, the MFS compressor wheel will also be lighter than its cast counterpart.
- The improvement will add greater air flow.
- Faster boost response at lower engine speeds.
- Increased efficiency at higher boost pressures.
Opel Astra H 1.9 CDTI 100HP
Opel Astra H 1.9 CDTI 120HP
Opel Astra H 1.9 CDTI 150HP
Opel Signum 1.9 CDTI 120HP
Opel Signum 1.9 CDTI 150HP
Opel Vectra C 1.9 CDTI 100HP
Opel Vectra C 1.9 CDTI 120HP
Opel Vectra C 1.9 CDTI 150HP
Opel Zafira B 1.9 CDTI 120HP
Opel Zafira B 1.9 CDTI 100HP
Opel Zafira B 1.9 CDTI 150HP
Fiat Croma II 1.9 JTD 150HP
Fiat Croma II 1.9 JTD 120HP
Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD 120HP
Saab 9-3 II 1.9 TiD 150HP
Average time we need to build hybrid turbochargers is 10 working days.