Journal Bearing GTB1756VK hybrid based on turbocharger from VAG`s engine 2.7 TDI is the ultimate choice for the 1.9 & 2.0 TDI for someone looking for a fast daily driver.
GotTuned’s GTB1756vk hybrid turbo is a vacuum converted turbo with a manifold from VAG 1.9TDI, 2.0TDI so that it fits a majority of transverse engines with following codes:
BKD, AZV, BKP, ECE, PDE, BSY, ALH, ASV, ASZ, ARL, BLT, BPX, AHF, ARL, ATD, AVK, AUY, AJM, etc.
Important to note about this turbo
1. Fast spool and lower manifold pressures at high RPMs especially when using a Billet Wheel .
2. Higher air-fuel ratio and higher peak torque at low engine speeds.
3. 3rd generation Variable Nozzle Turbine.
4. Only oil cooling (there is not water cooling).
5. Flange for 1.9/2.0 TDI is sent with the turbo.
6. Precise VNT adjustment.
Installation requirements for GTB1756vk
– modification of your current Downpipe (flange for 1.9/2.0 TDI is included in the kit!),
– modification of pipes going to the compressor housing,
– modification of oil line return.
The turbo is meant to work with ~230HP, boost 31PSI. In order to reach that level of power you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust and cooling systems as well.
Other connected products
When it comes to the fuel injectors, we recommend our custom 0,230 VP Injectors (490,00 EURO), or FIRAD HF50 PD Injectors (990,00 EURO), depending on the stock fuel system. These parts are available on demand.
Please tell us which vehicle and manifold the turbocharger will be fitted into so we could set up the turbo accordingly. It usually takes ~ 10 working days to send this turbocharger.
We are able to do electronic actuator conversion in GTB and GTD series as well ( BorgWarner/KKK and Garrett/Honeywell). Ask about details.