GotTuned`s Hybrid Turbocharger built using custom CNC compressor wheel + clipped&lightened Turbine Wheel. This based on genuine stock GTC1549VZ turbocharger is the ultimate Plug&Play solution for Audi A4 B8, Audi A5, Audi A6 C7 working with CGLC with stock power 177HP.
The full list of changes applied is as follows:
– Journal bearings – so-called ‘360’,
– Modification of the compressor housing,
– Modification of the seal plate,
– Enlarged compressor Billet Wheel 6+6 GEN I,
– Custom turbine wheel clipped and lightened to help reduce backpressure,
– Genuine Garrett compressor housing,
– Genuine Garrett exhaust manifold,
– Genuine Garrett bearing housing,
– Genuine Hella electronic actuator,
– Dynamically Balanced.
What’s so special about this one?
1. Quick spool by applying lighter/enlarged 6+6 Billet Wheel GEN I.
2. Only oil cooling (there is not water cooling).
3. Efficient generation of Variable Nozzle Turbine.
4. 100% Plug&Play fitment.
5. Precise VNT adjustment.
The turbo is meant to work with ~230HP, boost 28PSI/1,95Bar. In order to reach that level of power, you need to adjust your exhaust and cooling systems as well.
Professional ECU remapping is required!
The main advantages of Billet Compressor Wheels:
- Billet Compressor wheels (or MFS Wheels Manufactured from Solid) are made from a solid piece of alloy (billet). A CNC miller performs the wheel from a CAD program.
- Billet compressor wheels are far stronger than a cast wheel due to being machined from a solid piece of material. This extra strength allows the wheel blades and hub to be thinner, increasing blade area resulting in increased air flow from a wheel with matching overall dimensions.
- As the Billet compressor wheel can have thinner blades and hub, this means that generally, the MFS compressor wheel will also be lighter than its cast counterpart.
- The improvement will add greater air flow.
- Faster boost response at lower engine speeds.
- Increased efficiency at higher boost pressures.
Audi A4 B8 2.0TDI 177HP
Audi A5 2.0TDI 177HP
Audi A5 C7 2.0TDI 177HP
Average time we need to build hybrid turbochargers is 10 working days.