The Upgraded Turbocharger Billet Wheel GT1856V VNT18/20 based on GT17 turbine housing + GT20 compressor housing is the ultimate solution for the 1.9 & 2.0 TDI Engines.
GotTuned`s GT1856V Billet Wheel VNT18/20 hybrid turbo fits to:
- transverse engines as follows:BKD, AZV, BKP, ECE, PDE, BSY, ALH, ASV, ASZ, ARL, BLT, BPX, AHF, ARL, ATD, AVK, AUY, AJM, BJB, BKC, BXE, BXF, BRU, etc.
- longtidunal engines as follows:
AFV, AWX, BPW, BGW, BLB, etc.
Full list of changes applied is as follows:
The full list of changes applied is as follows:
– journal bearings – so-called ‘360’
– Plug&Play upgraded genuine Garrett GT17 turbine housing
– BIG SHELL GT20 genuine Garrett upgraded compressor housing
– bigger GT18 turbine wheel
– bigger VNT18 system
– bigger Billet Wheel 56mm
– precise VNT adjustment
– dynamically Balanced.
What’s so special about this one?
1. Only oil cooling (there is not water cooling).
2. Quick spool by applying lighter/enlarged Billet Wheel.
3. Efficient generation of Variable Nozzle Turbine.
4. Precise VNT adjustment.
The one thing needed to install our GT1856V Billet Wheel VNT18/20 is as follows:
– modification of pipes going to the compressor housing
The turbo is meant to work with ~250HP, boost 30PSI/2,1 Bar. In order to reach that level of power, you need to adjust your exhaust and cooling systems as well. Professional ECU remapping is required!
The main advantages of Billet Compressor Wheels:
- Billet Compressor wheels (or MFS Wheels Manufactured from Solid) are made from a solid piece of alloy (billet). A CNC miller performs the wheel from a CAD program.
- Billet compressor wheels are far stronger than a cast wheel due to being machined from a solid piece of material. This extra strength allows the wheel blades and hub to be thinner, increasing blade area resulting in increased air flow from a wheel with matching overall dimensions.
- As the Billet compressor wheel can have thinner blades and hub, this means that generally, the MFS compressor wheel will also be lighter than its cast counterpart.
- The improvement will add greater air flow.
- Faster boost response at lower engine speeds.
- Increased efficiency at higher boost pressures.
Before order tell us which engine and manifold the turbocharger will be fitted with. We need about 7 working days to build this hybrid, after payment.
On the picture you can see the example of VNT17/20 hybrid based on stock 1.9TDI GT1646 BKC turbo.